If you own or manage a commercial property, you know how important it is for commercial plumbing in Calgary to be kept in good working condition. Regarding commercial plumbing and heating, the last thing you want is a plumbing emergency that disrupts your business operations and costs you money. Regular commercial plumbing inspections can help prevent these issues and keep your plumbing system functioning properly. Learn everything about a commercial plumbing inspection checklist to ensure your plumbing system is in top shape.
What is a Commercial Plumbing Inspection?
A commercial plumbing inspection is a process of evaluating the plumbing system of a commercial property to identify any existing or potential issues. Typically, commercial plumbing in Calgary involves a comprehensive examination of all the plumbing components, including pipes, fixtures, water heaters, and drainage systems. A licensed plumber or contractor usually performs a commercial plumbing inspection.
Pre-Inspection Tasks For Commercial Plumbing in Calgary
Before you or a professional conduct a commercial plumbing inspection, there are several pre-inspection tasks you need to complete. These tasks will help you to gather the necessary information, identify problem areas, and prepare an inspection checklist.
- Gather Information: The first step is to gather information about the commercial property’s plumbing system. That includes the age and type of the plumbing system, any previous plumbing issues, and the location of shut-off valves.
- Identify Problem Areas: Next, you must identify any problem areas that must be inspected carefully. That includes areas with frequent clogs, leaks, or other issues.
- Prepare an Inspection Checklist: Your checklist should include all the plumbing components that need to be inspected, such as pipes, fixtures, water heaters, and drainage systems. It should also have space for notes and comments.
Inspection Checklist Items
Once you have completed the pre-inspection tasks, it’s time for the actual inspection. The following are some of the critical items that are included in an inspection checklist:
- Plumbing Fixtures: Plumbing fixtures include sinks, toilets, showers, and other water-using appliances. The inspection typically checks for fixture leaks, clogs, or other issues.
- Pipes: Pipes are the backbone of any plumbing system, and an inspection checks for any signs of corrosion, leaks, or damage to the pipes.
- Water Heaters: Water heaters are another critical component of a commercial plumbing system. During the inspection, it will check for leaks, faulty valves, or sediment buildup in the tank.
- Drainage Systems: Drainage systems are responsible for removing waste and wastewater from the property—the inspection checks for any clogs or other issues with the drainage systems.
After the inspection is complete, you need to perform several post-inspection tasks. These tasks will help you to document your findings, prioritize repairs, and create a maintenance plan.
- Document Findings: The first step is to document your inspection findings—any commercial plumbing and heating issues identified during the inspection and any recommendations for repairs or maintenance.
- Prioritize Repairs: Next, you need to prioritize the repairs based on their urgency and impact on your business operations. Some issues may require immediate attention, while others can be addressed over time.
- Create a Maintenance Plan: Finally, you need to create a maintenance plan to prevent future plumbing issues. This plan should include regular inspections, routine maintenance tasks, and a schedule for replacing worn-out components.
Evolution Plumbing and Heating Ltd is Calgary’s top commercial plumbing and heating company. We specialize in sophisticated solutions for sophisticated businesses and plumbing needs. Whether you run a car wash or own a condo building, you can give us a call when you need commercial plumbing in Calgary. We offer a range of services, including poly b replacement, water heater installation, hot water tank replacement and installation, in-floor radiant heating, and boiler repair in Calgary. Give us a call at 403.807.6077.