In commercial plumbing and heating, it’s important to uphold maintenance. For anyone who had a hot water tank installation in Calgary, maintaining it is essential to ensure that it operates optimally and continues to provide hot water to your business or facility. See why its maintenance is important and how you can uphold it to ensure it remains in working order.
Maintenance After Getting Hot Water Tank Installation in Calgary
Benefits of Commercial Hot Water Tank Maintenance
Regular maintenance after getting a commercial hot water installation in Calgary can offer several benefits. Here are a few common advantages of keeping up with it.
- Help prevent major problems: By regularly inspecting and maintaining the tank, it’s possible to identify any potential issues early and take the necessary steps to address them. Consequently, it helps reduce the chances of big problems and save you from future costly repairs.
- A reduced energy bill: A hot water tank with issues is more likely to have poor performance and cause your energy bill to go up. Keeping a hot water tank running at peak efficiency can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Extends its overall lifespan: Hot water tanks are typically expensive, and regular maintenance can help ensure they last for as long as possible.
- Ensures safe performance: Regular maintenance can help identify potential safety issues, such as a leaking tank or faulty wiring, so they can be addressed before they become a major problem.
Common Issues with Commercial Hot Water Tanks
Various common issues can occur in a commercial hot water tank. Many of those issues are easily solved with regular maintenance. See the common problems, so you can see the value behind keeping up with the care of a hot water tank.
- Corrosion and mineral deposits: Corrosion is caused when the tank is exposed to water with a high pH level, which can cause the metal to corrode and weaken. Similarly, mineral deposits can form on the inside of the tank, which can cause it to become clogged and reduce its efficiency.
- Leaks: Leaks can occur due to corroded pipes, faulty fittings, or loose connections, leading to water damage and other problems.
- Inadequate insulation: Poor insulation can lead to heat loss, contributing to higher energy bills and reduced efficiency.
Tips for Maintaining a Commercial Hot Water Tank
Maintaining a commercial hot water tank is essential to ensure it runs efficiently and effectively. Here are some tips for maintaining a commercial hot water tank:
- Inspect the tank regularly: Regularly inspecting the tank is the best way to identify any potential issues before they become major problems. Look for any signs of corrosion, mineral deposits, leaks, or faulty fittings.
- Clean the tank regularly: Cleaning the tank helps to remove any sediment or mineral deposits that may have built up over time. It helps keep the tank running efficiently and reduces the risk of unexpected breakdowns.
- Check the temperature: The temperature of the hot water tank should be checked regularly to ensure that it is operating at the correct temperature. If the temperature is too low, it could lead to an inadequate hot water supply.
- Replace the anode rod: It is designed to protect the tank from corrosion and must be replaced every few years to ensure it is functioning properly.
- Insulate the tank: The tank should be properly insulated to prevent heat loss. It reduces energy bills and keeps the tank running at peak efficiency.
- Hire a professional: If you’re not comfortable performing maintenance independently, it’s best to hire a professional.
Evolution Plumbing and Heating Ltd is Calgary’s top commercial plumbing and heating company. We specialize in sophisticated solutions for sophisticated businesses and plumbing needs. Whether you run a car wash or own a condo building, you can give us a call when you need commercial plumbing in Calgary. We offer a range of services, including poly b replacement, water heater installation, hot water tank replacement and installation, in-floor radiant heating, and boiler repair in Calgary. Give us a call at 403.807.6077.